Welcome, this is a How To page
We hope to create a home for owners to feel they can open up and ask anything that is troubling them, knowing the people on the other end of the thread understand and will be there with only good will and kindness. Help us create that ideal place.
- No blatant advertising of services and products. We will provide you a platform to air your wears. This is a forum where real life purchasers of said products can express their experiences of use with their own dog.
- No advertising, or links to advertising, or “Spam” is permitted.
- Advertising or spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting something.
- Links promoting fundraising, advocacy, etc. are not permitted.
- Links to personal blogs/homepages are allowed in member profiles.
- Sharing of links to helpful and relevant web sites and resources is allowed if they are not used for a promotional purpose.
- No specific, individual veterinary advice is permitted.
- Discussion on all areas of arthritis, identification, diagnosis and management is encouraged, as is referring to papers and literature that supports the claims being made. I.e. Please expect to be asked to disclose the source of claims. CAF aims to help owners that are often overwhelmed with the extensive array of pain relieving products and services to navigate through what is real and what is potentially sham. In order to achieve this the CAM team will be doing their best to look for and then post evidence regarding claims made.
- No use of explicit, racist, obscene or vulgar language, images or messages will be tolerated AT ALL. You will have your membership on the forum removed of immediate effect and will be blocked on other social media platforms supplied by CAM.
- No posts that attack, insult, flame, defame, or abuse others no matter their role in the Canine arthritis world. We all have roles to play and we must respect other members’ opinions regarding treatment decisions. Decisions about your dog are highly personal choices, and we should respect all points of view. CAF has been created to help owners through an emotionally debilitating time. We will not tolerate members being inconsiderate of other members circumstances, and choices.
“If you have nothing nice to say, then simply say nothing”Love Holly
“Lend a helping hand or a listening ear.”
Tag: this allows you to link your posts to a certain category of questions on the site making it easier for other users to find content that may be helpful to them
Subscribe: if you subscribe to a post you will receive email notifications whenever some sends a reply meaning you won’t miss out on any useful information
Reputation: this is designed to help you know how active a users is. Users who give really helpful, accurate and compassionate posts will have the highest reputations.